Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hawaiian Travels

I fell in love with Hawaii when a child. Once again; it was one of those places that held my attention whenever I saw something on television about it.
After I married, my husband and I (now deceased) took the opportunity to visit Hawaii just to see what it was actually like to be there. I vowed never to make the trip again because of the ultra long plane ride (over 14 hours from Boston). But after returning home, I could not get over how relaxed I felt as soon as my feet touched the ground there. It was a different, laid-back feeling that seemed to drain all of the tensions from your body. It wasn't long before we were planning to make a return trip and stay longer this time. My love affair with those islands lasted over a decade. We made a total of 12 visits. During our final 4 visits, we made plans to stay 3 weeks at a time. I hated to return to the turmoil of living in an over-populated land mass. Nothing but people, people, people, concrete, cement, and thousands of problems that goes along with over-population.
Here are a few photos I took while there.




Sacred Hawaiian Waterfall

Molokai Beach

Parrots in the Rain Forest

My Husband Charlie feeding Giraffes at the Preserve


Lovely Orchid in a Green House


No comments: