Friday, August 18, 2006

Cabbage Island Trip

Thursday, John and I drove to Boothbay Harbor and took an excursion to Cabbage Island; a 5 acre privately owned island for a lobster bake. It was our second trip there, and the second was just as enjoyable as the first! The boat ride was about 45 minutes long and just wonderful! The roundtrip boat ride, the lobster bake plus tax came to a nice $47.50. Quite a bargain if you ask me; especially when you get fish chowder, two lobsters, a healthy helping of steamed clams, an ear of corn, a baked potato, a hard boiled egg, a baked onion (why anyone would want one of those, I don't know), a nice hunk of blueberry cake (more like blueberry bread) and complimentary coffee, iced tea, with sodas costing a dollar; and there were alcoholic beverages for a fee. Everything is served picnic style on picnic tables you share with friends or strangers. I think they call that 'family-style' now. Of course the boat ride revealed many wonderful homes along the shores of the Bay; folks with plenty of money have palatial homes. Here are some photos I snapped of the island, and a few along the way.

Here's my place...... (kidding!) but I could 'live' quite well having the deed to this property!


A boat in the harbor.....


Here's another beautiful home on the way to Cabbage Island.
Some beautiful scenery on the way to the Island


Just leaving Boothbay Harbor


Arriving at Cabbage Island

A small island right next to Cabbage Island


Here is where you collect your Lobster dinner


Here are two happy souls walking back to their tables after receiving their dinners


Here's another happy person.......


Here is a photo of my dinner. I intended to take it before I started eating it, but I forgot! Sorry about that. Missing are my steamed clams and most of my potato....


Here's John! I think the expression on his face says it all about how much he is enjoying his lobster!


Look at him plowing into his corn! My man certainly enjoys his food!!


Thought you might enjoy seeing some scenery of the island. I love pictures showing the beauty of Mother Nature. Her greenery, water, rocks and flowers really moves my soul!


The sun was setting by the time we left , so here is a beautiful scene.......


The owners of Cabbage Island live in this house.


I love rocks and boulders.....


This is the entrance to the indoor seating area. The bar and restrooms are also inside.


Last but not least is a close-up of a beautiful flower growing on the grounds....
I hope you have enjoyed our trip to Cabbage Island, Boothbay, Maine!

No comments: