Saturday, August 05, 2006

Cooking Attempts

From time to time I try out something new in the kitchen. Last week it was my first Peach pie. Below is a picture of what it looked like after it came out of the oven. Needless to say, the pie only lasted 3 days and was surprisingly easy to prepare. In the pie department I plan to make my first blueberry soon. Blueberries grow up here in Maine and the farms are overbrimming with them right now. The going rate is a ten-pound box for $13.

Posted by Picasa

I decided to try making French Bread today. It took more hours than I would have liked but it was very much worth the wait. This recipe is different because it requires yogurt to give the bread more taste. I will be making this recipe again! It was very, very good! Here is a photo of the end results.....

If anyone would like the recipe, just ask. I would be happy to share.

No comments: