Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Things You Can Find When You're Not Looking...

I'm a frequent shopper on Amazon.com.  I find it a handy place to visit if I am looking to purchase something.  Why??  Don't have to get dressed, fight traffic, find a parking space, maneuver through crowds of people; only to find the store doesn't have what I am looking for.  It's also a wonderful place to read reviews of how the product performs before you buy it. 

I forget what I was looking for a few weeks ago on Amazon.  But you can find the darndest things when you are not looking for it. 

I found Oreo Cookies.  I don't go out of my way to buy them.  I sort of lost interest in them from childhood, but John loves them!  I know they have a little more than the basic Oreo cookie on the shelves, but I had NO IDEA just how many varieties of Oreos until I stumbled on them on Amazon.  I was absolutely amazed.  Let me list them for you. 

I don't think you will find these on your supermarket shelves.  A store can't possibly have room for the huge varieties of each food product on hand.  Supermarkets would have to expand into 4 and 5 story buildings; and that isn't going to happen.  How would they get your groceries down to the first floor without getting involved in elevators large enough to handle hundreds of customers per day?  Too expensive!

Here we go.  Oreos come in the following flavors:

Lemon Twist
Candy Cane
Candy Corn
Peppermint
White Fudge
Gingerbread (yes; gingerbread)
Berry Burst Ice Cream
Coconut Delight Oreo Fudge
Triple Double Neapolitan
Triple Double Chocolate Mint
Golden Oreo Fudge Cream Confetti Birthday Cake
Winter Cookie
Peanut Butter Creme
Halloween Oreo
And sometimes they have the Oreos with the mint filling dipped in chocolate (sinfully delicious!)

And while we are at it; Ritz Crackers does make the Ritz covered in chocolate!  This is not available year-round.  Usually I see it in the late spring, early summer; and it is simply wonderful!

And did you know that Hershey Kisses come in Pumpkin Spice, and it comes with a macadamia nut in the center that you can only get from Hawaii?  Ask me how I know!
Expensive, but worth it!

Milky Ways come in Caramel Apple.  M&M's come in Orange Flavor, Cherry Cordial, Candy Corn, White Chocolate, and White Peppermint.

You can find a lot of treats on Amazon that you will most likely never find at your local supermarket.  Stay away..........












No comments: